torsdag, september 03, 2009

Study for bodies 3

So, I'm still working on my erotic pictures, or as I call them, studies for bodies, and still I blush as I publish them. Anyway, this is more what I had in mind when I published the first version of painting below. This deep colour, coming from brown-blue (unfortunately not visible with my mobile phone camera) to the fleshy pinkish. I try treat the canvas roughly and the paint is added on quite fast, again using the putty knife. Only this time, I have used the first versions colour as a background, therefor I didn't have to add so much paint this time, but still you get the deep feeling.




Study for bodies 3
46x55 cm. Oil on canvas.



Early version.


The surface of the early version is, as you can see, not so much alive as the new painting. I like this kind of colouring also, but I think it is more useful for those artist who tells more straight forward stories in their paintings. As to me, my paintings, I think, tries to tell some what more non-verbal stories, more subconscious, dark feelings perhaps. But, don't get me wrong, the darkness fills me with joy. You know, it's like H.P. Lovecraft.

Take care!

Please comment.